Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alec Smecher <al...@praxistech.com> on 2001/04/04 18:49:57 UTC

Tomcat serving up unprocessed JSP?

Hi,

While debugging a JSP application on Tomcat 3.2.1 on Linux (the recently
released binary distribution of Tomcat from the Jakarta website, more or
less default configuration), I found something interesting...

I did a netcat (direct TCP/IP communication) and sent Tomcat the
following:

GET /my/path/myjsp.jsp
<blank line>

...and found that my JSP was served up to me raw (full jsp source).

Is this a configuration thing? If so, it might be a very good idea to
tune the shipping binary so that this does not happen. How do I disable
this?

(For the record, I'm fully open to the fact that I may be doing
something incredibly stupid. If so, please tell me.)

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher@home.com