Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mi...@sunlife.com on 2006/01/09 12:44:05 UTC

NotifySender, does not fill in "prefix" or "sender" parameters

Hi All,

I have NotfySender working quite well for me now,

However, it is not honouring the "prefix" or "sender" values for me.

All returned mails have

(a) The Postmaster as sender
(b) No prefix, just the original subject

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Using James 2.1.3

Thanks

Michael

<mailet match="All" class="NotifySender">
      <notice>We could not process your message (there may be a mispelling
in the address)</notice>
      <sender>JamesPostmaster@sunlife.com</sender>
      <attachError>false</attachError>
      <prefix>Email Rejected</prefix>
      <inline>none</inline>
      <attachment>message</attachment>
      <passThrough>true</passThrough>
      <fakeDomainCheck>false</fakeDomainCheck>
</mailet>

Re: NotifySender, does not fill in "prefix" or "sender" parameters

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> I have NotfySender working quite well for me now,
>
> However, it is not honouring the "prefix" or "sender" values for me.

IIRC NotifySender in James 2.1 only supports this options:

Parameters:

    * sendingAddress (optional) - the address from which the forwarded
email will be sent. Defaults to the postmaster address.
    * notice (optional) - the text message that will accompany the
forwarded message. Defaults to "We were unable to deliver the attached
message because of an error in the mail server."
    * attachStackTrace (optional) - whether an error stack trace is
attached to the forwarded message.

Since 2.2.0 the options have been changed to support the "new" common
options for the AbstractNotify/AbstractRedirect.

Stefano