Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu> on 2006/07/18 16:25:04 UTC

Servicemix remote client

Hi,
Can someone give me a hint as to how to write a remote client for
servicemix? Can

org.apache.servicemix.client.RemoteServiceMixClient be used for this?

I would appreciate any pointers in this direction.

Thanks
Anand

Re: Servicemix remote client

Posted by Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu>.
> On 7/18/06, Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Can someone give me a hint as to how to write a remote client for
>> servicemix? Can
>>
>> org.apache.servicemix.client.RemoteServiceMixClient be used for this?
>>
>> I would appreciate any pointers in this direction.
>
> Anand, yes the RemoteServiceMixClient is designed for this because it
> creates an embedded JBI container for the purposes of a logical
> connection to the NMR for the remote ServiceMix instance.
>
> Bruce
Hi Bruce,
Thanks. I tried the following piece of code:

--------- Code ---------
  RemoteServiceMixClient smc= new RemoteServiceMixClient("tcp://localhost:61616");
  smc.init();
  smc.start();

  ComponentContext componentContext=smc.getContext();

  ServiceEndpoint[] sep=
    componentContext.getEndpoints(null);
  System.out.println("SEP>>:"+sep);
  System.out.println("Matches>:"+sep.length);
-------------------------

It prints the number of components as 0 eventhough there are two components deployed
in servicemix. The same endpoint query shows the correct number of components if used
from a component in the main JBI container. The embedded jbi container in the RemoteServiceMix
client seems to be connected to the main JBI container because it crashes with an
EOF exception if I kill the main jbi container.

I would appreciate any pointers on how this can be debugged.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/18/06, Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone give me a hint as to how to write a remote client for
> servicemix? Can
>
> org.apache.servicemix.client.RemoteServiceMixClient be used for this?
>
> I would appreciate any pointers in this direction.

Anand, yes the RemoteServiceMixClient is designed for this because it
creates an embedded JBI container for the purposes of a logical
connection to the NMR for the remote ServiceMix instance.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/