Posted to user@flink.apache.org by neha goyal <ne...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/17 09:25:05 UTC

Flink Sql erroring at runtime Flink 1.16

Hello,

Looks like there is a bug with Flink 1.16's IF operator. If I use UPPER or
TRIM functions(there might be more such functions), I am getting the
exception. These functions used to work fine with Flink 1.13.
select
  if(
    address_id = 'a',
    'default',
    upper(address_id)
  ) as address_id
from
  feature_test

sample Input sent to my Kafka Source:   {"address_id":"mydata"}
It should be reproducible. Please try it.

2023-05-05 23:30:24
java.io.IOException: Failed to deserialize consumer record due to
    at StreamExecCalc$14237.processElement_split1961(Unknown Source)
    at StreamExecCalc$14237.processElement(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(CopyingChainingOutput.java:82)
    ... 28 more