Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Savitha Devi Inbasekaran <Sa...@smartek21.com> on 2014/04/06 15:31:01 UTC

Oozie not starting in Amazon EMR

Hi All,

I installed Apache Oozie in Amazon EMR. I was able to do the complete installation without any issue. But the problem is when I tried to check the oozie status I am getting the error.

"Error: IO_ERROR : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

Command I used to check the status : bin/oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -status

I have attached the full trace of the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Oozie not starting in Amazon EMR

Posted by Savitha Devi Inbasekaran <Sa...@smartek21.com>.
I have added the jar files in /libext and tried even that is throwing same error.

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Savitha,

Posted by Tousif <to...@gmail.com>.

--

Regards
Tousif Khazi

RE: Oozie not starting in Amazon EMR

Posted by Savitha Devi Inbasekaran <Sa...@smartek21.com>.
Hi All,

Today again I tried to install in another EMR cluster I am getting the same error. But different error trace. Attached the same.
Followed the below link for installation:
http://pkavuri.blogspot.in/2013/08/oozie-installation-is-simplified.html

The following steps I did after encountering the error:

*         Moved the Hadoop and common jar files to the folders "/oozie-3.3.2/distro/target/oozie-3.3.2-distro/oozie-3.3.2/oozie-server/webapps/oozie/WEB-INF/lib" and "oozie-3.3.2/distro/target/oozie-3.3.2-distro/oozie-3.3.2/lib/"