Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Harald Graf <eg...@gmx.at> on 2008/01/06 14:55:30 UTC

[T5] disable form validation

hi all,

is there a way to disable form validation. i got some address editing component, whose fields are
set disabled using a parameter. when the component is set to disabled and it's just used for
displaying data, the text fields still perform validation. I'd like to disable the validation,
because the user could not make changes to the fields anyways...

any ideas?
ty

Re: [T5] disable form validation

Posted by Mohammad Shamsi <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Harald,

i had an issue like this, for cancel button in form.
(there is no need to validation when cancel button clicked)

i changed my button like this :

<input type="button" value="${message:cancel}"
onclick="location.href='list';"/>

you can use some way like this

On Jan 6, 2008 5:25 PM, Harald Graf <eg...@gmx.at> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> is there a way to disable form validation. i got some address editing
> component, whose fields are
> set disabled using a parameter. when the component is set to disabled and
> it's just used for
> displaying data, the text fields still perform validation. I'd like to
> disable the validation,
> because the user could not make changes to the fields anyways...
>
> any ideas?
> ty

sincerely yours
M. H. Shamsi