Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Sporen <st...@exordia.co.za> on 2002/06/07 12:20:37 UTC

RE: tomcat with IIS

Use hard links (FQ URL eg. http://wwwiis.xxx.com/graphics1.gif vs.
./graphics1.gif) on your jsp pages ref the static content on the IIS
service.
Question is why would you want to - twice the risk of being hacked.

Posted by Chris Ruegger <cr...@speakeasy.net>.
Steve,
I think you misunderstood my question. Here is what we want to do.
We want to put all of our files, static html, images, jsps under
the IIS server and tell Tomcat that its docroot is under IIS
(point to the IIS docroot from Tomcat's server.xml file)

When the user asks for an HTML page, they get it from
IIS. When they ask for a JSP page *from IIS*, IIS forwards the
request to Tomcat, acting as a proxy.

We are trying to use the isapi_redirect.dll within IIS and it's not
forwarding JSP/servlet requests.

-Chris

./graphics1.gif) on your jsp pages ref the static content on the IIS
service.
Question is why would you want to - twice the risk of being hacked.

We are attempting to get IIS to work with Tomcat such that IIS forwards
JSP requests to Tomcat and otherwise handles static content. Has anyone
gotten this to work? Thanks, Chris

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>