Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christie I <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/18 06:24:37 UTC

James for Production?

 Hi
Can i install James in production mail server?  I dont have experience with James? Any one who's working with James and seen good results?
  "Noel J. Bergman" &lt;noel@devtech.com&gt; wrote: > Because I just want to run not as root.

If you want to be compatible with anything other than an intranet, you don't
have much choice, unless you use port redirection. Third parties will, in
general, expect the standard services to be provided on the standard ports.

> When James is back up, it is able to handle these emails.
> How can it do it, using pop3server or smtp server...?

SMTP is the mail transfer protocol. Server to server. POP3 is the post
office protocol for clients retrieving e-mail.

--- Noel

For additional commands, e-mail:

---------------------------------

RE: James for Production?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Christie,

> Can i install James in production mail server?  I dont have
> experience with James? Any one who's working with James and
> seen good results?

I run James as a primary server for users.  I have found James to be stable
(using database repositories) for low to moderate volume.  We've just made
some fixes that should help it scale up tremendously.

Anything I can do to help you, let me know.

	--- Noel