Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/21 12:42:38 UTC

Unable to return HbaseObjectWritable/ObjectWritable(Hadoop) OR Object (Java) from CoProcessor

Hi
I am trying to return a Map<String,HbaseObjectWritable> from coprocessor
i.e.

Map<byte[], List<Map<String, HbaseObjectWritable>>> results = table
.coprocessorExec(
EndpointExampleProtocol.class,
null,
null,
new Batch.Call<...>

*Getting following exception *

ERROR io.HbaseObjectWritable: Error in readFields
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 02000000
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:801)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:298)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HbaseObjectWritable.readObject(HbaseObjectWritable.java:707)

*Moreover we are not able to return any Object (Java/Hadoop/HBase)*
*and because of this i am doing a lot of serialization and de serialization
in my coprocessor and client code(Object <=> String) (to combine results
back and sort them) and facing a heavy SerDe overhead*

--
*Regards*

*VIKRAM SINGH CHANDEL*

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary,Reduce.
Reuse. Recycle. Save our planet.