Posted to repository@apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 09:53:23 UTC

Enable OBR support on repository.apache.org?

L.S.,

As more and more Apache projects are looking at OSGi, it would be a
good thing to have an Apache OBR repository where people can discover
the OSGi bundles that are already available at Apache.  We could do
this manually by running bindex over the repositories on a regular
basis, but our Nexus instance also allows dynamically generating OBR
metadata for our existing repositories.

Would it be an option to set up Nexus to generate this metadata for
the Apache releases and snapshots repositories?  Is the server capable
of handling the extra workload involved?  If this means you'll need an
extra pair of hands to manage the server, I'd more than happy to
volunteer for that by the way...

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Enable OBR support on repository.apache.org?

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/11 Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>

> L.S.,
>
> As more and more Apache projects are looking at OSGi, it would be a
> good thing to have an Apache OBR repository where people can discover
> the OSGi bundles that are already available at Apache.  We could do
> this manually by running bindex over the repositories on a regular
> basis, but our Nexus instance also allows dynamically generating OBR
> metadata for our existing repositories.
>
> Would it be an option to set up Nexus to generate this metadata for
> the Apache releases and snapshots repositories?  Is the server capable
> of handling the extra workload involved?  If this means you'll need an
> extra pair of hands to manage the server, I'd more than happy to
> volunteer for that by the way...

Hi Gert, I'll enable it sometime this week - there's not much extra workload
involved

Regards,

> Gert Vanthienen

Cheers, Stuart