Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2010/03/02 12:32:31 UTC

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Keheliya Gallaba wrote at Dienstag, 2. März 2010 08:59:

> Sorry for troubling you again. But I found I have mistaken when
> entering the command for running the jar. I later entered the command
> " java ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame "
>
> and got the result

> ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
> ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame not found
> in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
> parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
>
> Please clarify me on the correct path I should have taken

Please have a look at the documentation for the command line options. You
either provide the jar and let java find itself the Main class from the
manifest or you provide the Main class yourself (like you did here) and java
must find the class in the provided classpath.

None of this have to do with Apache Directory though.

- Jörg

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Posted by Keheliya Gallaba <ke...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

I'm so happy I got the proxy GUI working. I would like to share how I
made it to work for the benefit of all who will face the same problem.

As you said problem was with, badly referencing to the dependency jars
when main method is called since they were in the maven repository. So
with the help of maven-dependency-plugin I copied all the dependencies
to the target folder and set it as the class path. Then the command
was " java -jar -cp . ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar " for executing the
jar.

Thanks  Jörg, Emmanuel and all who helped and was patient. Now back to
Apache Directory development. Good Luck for everybody including me.
;-)

- Keheliya

--
Keheliya Gallaba