Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by pvpsc <ps...@pvpsc.com> on 2007/03/01 18:21:27 UTC

Stop delivery of mail with certain points

Dont know if this is a SpamAssassin question or not.

We're running SA 3.1.3 on a slackware 10 / ker 2.4.26 box with qmail

SA works great.  We've had it running for a while now.  But there are still
the occasional false positives/negatives from time to time.  So we still
have the marked SPAM email get delivered.  I was wondering if there was a
way to not deliver email based on points.  At the moment, our magic point
value is 3.8.  Id like to be able to say, if this message has over 5 points
dont deliver it at all.

Thanks.

-Peter

Re: Stop delivery of mail with certain points

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 09:21 AM 3/1/2007, pvpsc wrote:

>Dont know if this is a SpamAssassin question or not.
>
>We're running SA 3.1.3 on a slackware 10 / ker 2.4.26 box with qmail
>
>SA works great.  We've had it running for a while now.  But there are still
>the occasional false positives/negatives from time to time.  So we still
>have the marked SPAM email get delivered.  I was wondering if there was a
>way to not deliver email based on points.  At the moment, our magic point
>value is 3.8.  Id like to be able to say, if this message has over 5 points
>dont deliver it at all.

Not possible in Spamassassin. I'm not familiar with qmail, maybe
someone here is, but does qmail have anything like procmailrc or
such? That's how I do it with my setup of postfix / sendmail / spamassassin.

Re: [2] Stop delivery of mail with certain points

Posted by pvpsc <ps...@pvpsc.com>.

Rick Macdougall-2 wrote:

> pvpsc wrote:
>> Dont know if this is a SpamAssassin question or not.
>>
>> We're running SA 3.1.3 on a slackware 10 / ker 2.4.26 box with qmail
>>
>> SA works great.  We've had it running for a while now.  But there are
>> still
>> the occasional false positives/negatives from time to time.  So we still
>> have the marked SPAM email get delivered.  I was wondering if there was a
>> way to not deliver email based on points.  At the moment, our magic point
>> value is 3.8.  Id like to be able to say, if this message has over 5
>> points
>> dont deliver it at all.
>>

> Hi,
>
> See simscan or qmail-scanner.
>
> http://www.inter7.com for simscan, google for qmail-scanner.
>
> I prefer simscan just because it is written in C.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

I went with simscan.  It's everything I needed.

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@ummm-beer.com>.

Posted by JP Kelly <li...@jpkvideo.net>.
> Id like to be able to say, if this message has over 5 points
> dont deliver it at all.

With procmail installed you can do it.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DeletingAllMailsMarkedSpam?
highlight=%28delete%29%7C%28spam%29

here is a way to have all spam forward to another mailbox but the
procmail script can be modified to trigger on a certain level of spam.
http://atomicrocketturtle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1502