Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/06/11 14:20:27 UTC

Time to clean up..?

    With 1.2 out the door, maybe this would be a good time to remove
    deprecated/discouraged items from the distribution tree?  Such as
    mod_log_referer and mod_log_agent, which are replaced by
    mod_log_config?  There are probably others, too..

    #ken    :-)}

Re: Time to clean up..?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
+1, with docs explaining the removal and how to use mod_log_config
instead.

	Brian

Re: Time to clean up..?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I admit that this *is* a case for the various extremely general config
languages I've seen proposed.

But this particular case (avoiding logging some hits matching a particular
pattern) can be achieved by a less general construct.  <Directory>
and its ilk surround a per_dir_config, and run during header parsing.
Add two other constructs:

<HeaderMatch header regex>
</HeaderMatch>
<HeaderMatch header regex>
</HeaderMatch>

Then you can exclude local referers by wrapping the TransferLog directive
with:

<HeaderNoMatch Referer localhostname>
    TransferLog logs/access_log
</HeaderNoMatch>

You also have to make TransferLog a per_dir rather than a per_server...
but I think my example is good enough.  Since it happens in a well
defined phase, and is restricted to regex matching and per_dir merging...
it'll probably perform well.

Dean

P.S.  Actually I'd prefer it if we used only HeaderMatch and defined some
regex operators like /rx/, /rx/i (ignore case), and !/rx/ (doesn't match)
which we can use in all our regexs.

Re: Time to clean up..?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Re: Time to clean up..?