Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Hardt, Jon" <jo...@cendant.com> on 2004/07/15 17:40:07 UTC

bayes trained, but never see any BAYES_XX in headers

First time caller here...

Running Exim 4.30 with SA 2.63 and Exiscan on a couple of boxes here...My SA
install is whacking spam just fine; however after handtraining my bayes db,
I still have never seen a BAYES_XX test score in any of my scanned email
headers. I have attached my lint output for everyone to see and the
pertinent config info; I can't figure out why I don't see the bayes info in
my headers. Any help is greatly appreciated...

local.cf info:

use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 20.0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.0
bayes_path      /export/home/exim/bayes/bayes
bayes_file_mode         0700
auto_learn      1

bash-2.03# spamassassin -D --lint

debug: Score set 0 chosen.
debug: running in taint mode? yes
debug: Running in taint mode, removing unsafe env vars, and resetting PATH
debug: PATH included '/usr/sbin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/local/bin', keeping.
debug: Final PATH set to: /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/local/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "//.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "//.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
debug: bayes: 25788 tie-ing to DB file R/O
/export/home/exim/bayes/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 25788 tie-ing to DB file R/O
/export/home/exim/bayes/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: Score set 3 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: trying (3) yahoo.com...
debug: looking up MX for 'yahoo.com'
debug: MX for 'yahoo.com' exists? 1
debug: MX lookup of yahoo.com succeeded => Dns available (set dns_available
to hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: all '*From' addrs: ignore@compiling.spamassassin.taint.org
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=2.727
debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 3705, nham = 1106
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: tokenize: header tokens for *F = "U*ignore
D*compiling.spamassassin.taint.org D*spamassassin.taint.org D*taint.org
D*org"
debug: tokenize: header tokens for *m = " 1089905467 lint_rules "
debug: bayes token 'body' => 0.153457011450882
debug: bayes: score = 0.153457011450882
debug: bayes: 25788 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 25788 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 25788 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=2.727
debug: running uri tests; score so far=2.727
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=2.727
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: Current PATH is: /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
debug: Pyzor is not available: pyzor not found
debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.
debug: all '*To' addrs:
debug: RBL: success for 1 of 1 queries
debug: running meta tests; score so far=2.727
debug: is spam? score=2.621 required=5
tests=BAYES_10,DATE_MISSING,NO_REAL_NAME,RM_tl_ToNone,SARE_TOCC_NONE
bash-2.03#

Re: bayes trained, but never see any BAYES_XX in headers

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:40:07AM -0600, Hardt, Jon wrote:
> I still have never seen a BAYES_XX test score in any of my scanned email
> headers. I have attached my lint output for everyone to see and the
> pertinent config info; I can't figure out why I don't see the bayes info in
> my headers. Any help is greatly appreciated...

a -D output when running a message through would tell you what's up,
but there doesn't seem to be an issue from your lint output:

> debug: bayes: score = 0.153457011450882
> tests=BAYES_10,DATE_MISSING,NO_REAL_NAME,RM_tl_ToNone,SARE_TOCC_NONE
        ^^^^^^^^

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Spaghetti code = job security.

Re: bayes trained, but never see any BAYES_XX in headers

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:40 AM 7/15/2004, Hardt, Jon wrote:
>Running Exim 4.30 with SA 2.63 and Exiscan on a couple of boxes here...My
>SA install is whacking spam just fine; however after handtraining my bayes
>db, I still have never seen a BAYES_XX test score in any of my scanned
>email headers. I have attached my lint output for everyone to see and the
>pertinent config info; I can't figure out why I don't see the bayes info
>in my headers. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Are you sure you trained as the right user?

It looks like the bayes DB you trained works, but if your mail gets scanned
while executing as some other username, it's going to read a different
bayes database.

Remember: SA by default reads the home directory of the user that EXECUTES
SA.. this usualy is root, and is generally not the recipient of the email,
but it can be one of many other users such as mail, smtpd, nobody, etc.
Check your setup.