Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andreas Kotowicz <ko...@mynetix.de> on 2005/11/20 17:23:43 UTC

why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

attached email doesn't get any score. why is that?

cheers,
andreas

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.
On Sunday 20 November 2005 10:23 am, Andreas Kotowicz wrote:
> attached email doesn't get any score. why is that?
>
> cheers,
> andreas

It scored as shown here:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 0.1 FORGED_RCVD_HELO       Received: contains a forged HELO
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 0.1 OPTING_OUT_CAPS        BODY: Talks about opting out (capitalized
version)
 0.0 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
                            [score: 0.5000]
 3.7 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
 4.1 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: thrillhand.com]
 3.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: thrillhand.com]
 1.0 SAGREY                 Adds 1.0 to spam from first-time senders

--
Chris
Registered Linux User 283774 http://counter.li.org

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
Is your question why doesn't it get detected as spam, or why doesn't
it get any score?

Scored a 1.9 on my system:
         REMOVE_PAGE,SARE_EN_A_2XX_1,YOU_WON autolearn=no version=3.0.4

And hit the Razor warning.

Posted by "saurabh.bhasin" <sa...@bhasin.in>.
Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> saurabh.bhasin wrote:
>
>>Scores 9.1 here. To give you an idea, details are mentioned below:
>>

> You have weak bayes! I get this: :-)

Ture. Bayes is a derivative of the direct relationship between duration
of operation of SA and volume of messages handled ;) It's been two
months sinces I initiated bayes and with little under 300 mailboxes, it
might take a bit. :)

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
saurabh.bhasin wrote:
> Scores 9.1 here. To give you an idea, details are mentioned below:

You have weak bayes! I get this: :-)

        *  0.6 YOU_WON BODY: Who really wins?
        *  0.1 EXCUSE_3 BODY: Claims you can be removed from the list
        *  1.0 OPTING_OUT_CAPS BODY: Talks about opting out (capitalized
version)
        *  0.2 REMOVE_PAGE URI: URL of page called "remove"
        *  6.5 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
        *      [score: 1.0000]
        *  1.2 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in
bl.spamcop.net
        *      [Blocked - see
<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.154.124.4>]
        *  3.2 URIBL_OB_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL
blocklist
        *      [URIs: thrillhand.com]
        *  0.0 MANY_EXCLAMATIONS Subject has many exclamations

--
Magnus Holmgren

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Spamassassin List <sp...@gmail.com>.
>>  0.1 FORGED_RCVD_HELO       Received: contains a forged HELO
>>  0.1 OPTING_OUT_CAPS        BODY: Talks about opting out (capitalized
>> version)
>> -0.7 BAYES_20               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 5 to 20%
>>                             [score: 0.1239]
>>  1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
>>                             above 50%
>>                             [cf: 100]
>>  0.5 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
>>  0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
>>                             [cf: 100]
>>  4.1 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
>> blocklist
>>                             [URIs: thrillhand.com]
>>  3.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL
>> blocklist
>>                             [URIs: thrillhand.com]

I have RAZOR, RBL and PYZOR running. But none hit in my case. Why?

 pts rule name              description
 3.2 HEADER_SPAM            Bulk email fingerprint (header-based) found
 2.0 SARE_EN_A_2XX_1        BODY: Phone number or address pulled from spam
 0.8 MANY_EXCLAMATIONS      Subject has many exclamations
-0.0 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

RE: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Rick Cooper <rc...@dwford.com>.
My apologies to all for accidentally replying to the wrong thread in my

Rick

believed to be clean.

RE: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Rick Cooper <rc...@dwford.com>.
I get a similar score now, when they first came in they didn't hit any of
the SURBL or RAZOR rules so it scored very low. I was looking for a way to
hit the scheme they are using before they make it into the various block
lists. I had quite a few on several servers in just a few min.

I wrote a sequence of meta rules that seem to catch it well and they didn't
get any FPs with mass-check, but they didn't get any hits either (using
spam, spam_2 and hard_ham). I assume since they didn't get hits on the
public corpus but hit every one I have actually recieved this is a fairly
new trick. I guess I will just watch them for a while and see how they do in
real life.

Rick

believed to be clean.

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by "saurabh.bhasin" <sa...@bhasin.in>.

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Andreas Kotowicz wrote on Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:23:43 +0100:

> . why is that?

because it's Sunday?

Kai

Re:why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by James Lay <jl...@slave-tothe-box.net>.
Andreas Kotowicz <ko...@mynetix.de> wrote:

> attached email doesn't get any score. why is that?
>
> cheers,
> andreas

Got tagged all over the place here:

	*  2.0 SARE_EN_A_2XX_1 BODY: Phone number or address pulled from spam
	*  1.3 SARE_UNSUB09 URI: SARE_UNSUB09
	*  1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
	*      above 50%
	*      [cf: 100]
	*  0.5 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
	*  0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
	*      [cf: 100]
	*  3.4 URIBL_JP_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
	*      [URIs: thrillhand.com]
	*  2.6 URIBL_OB_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
	*      [URIs: thrillhand.com]
	* -5.5 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

Re: why doesn't this email get detected as spam?

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.
Andreas Kotowicz wrote:
> attached email doesn't get any score. why is that?
>
> cheers,
> andreas

What rules are you using?  This is what I got from your email.  Seems
like a little bit of bayes training should catch it.

result:

	OPTING_OUT_CAPS,SPF_PASS,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL autolearn=no
	version=3.1.0

--

   Steve