Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by balamurugan <ba...@unilogin.com> on 2002/08/28 07:39:41 UTC

jmeter load test help

Hi,

I have done load testing of a login page using jmeter.
If i set number of connection up to 70, its working nice.
If i increased that one into 80, only upto first 60 connections
are working nice.
If i increased to 100 only first 3 are working well, the remaining are mix up of failure and success.
please tell me how to find the load using this output.
That is how to find my server capacity of handling users.
I have one more doubt.
In that thread, i have studied in the manual that the count 0 means the execution of one time.
count 1 means two times.
But in real senario its not exactly so.
For zero, it is not working.
if i set that count to 1 the test plan is executed for one time.
please clear me this one also.

with regards,
bala

Re: jmeter load test help

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
On 28 Aug 2002 at 11:09, balamurugan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done load testing of a login page using jmeter.
> If i set number of connection up to 70, its working nice.
> If i increased that one into 80, only upto first 60 connections
> are working nice.
> If i increased to 100 only first 3 are working well, the remaining are mix up of failure and success.
> please tell me how to find the load using this output.
> That is how to find my server capacity of handling users.

Seems pretty straightforward - it can handle 70.  Can't handle 80.  I'm not sure what else one
can say.  You should try to find out what the errors are, exactly.  Another thing I do when I
find that JMeter is causing a server error when the load gets high is to try to cause that error
manually in my browser.  To do this, I run JMeter with a high enough load to cause the error,
and then I go through the same steps in my browser until I see the error (it's probably
intermittent, so it make take several tries).  Once I see the error in my browser, I can usually
see more information about the error.  If I can't reproduce the error this way, then I get
suspicious that JMeter is doing something wrong (haven't had that problem in a long time,
however), or I did something wrong in setting up the test.

Also, finding errors client-side is only marginally useful.  You need access to the servers to
see how the error is reported there.  When you can recreate the errors, get the developers
involved and show them.  They should be able to get the server logs and see more information
about the error that happened.

> I have one more doubt.
> In that thread, i have studied in the manual that the count 0 means the execution of one time.
> count 1 means two times.
> But in real senario its not exactly so.
> For zero, it is not working.
> if i set that count to 1 the test plan is executed for one time.
> please clear me this one also.

The documentation is incorrect in that spot.  Thanks for pointing it out, I will fix it.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org