Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@joost.com> on 2008/05/19 16:49:07 UTC

Releasing IvyDE

Hi,

Recently there were some users complaining that there is no release of IvyDE
compatible with Ivy 2. [1] [2]

I know that IvyDE is not stable. See some major issues in Jira. For some
people it is even getting less stable: [3]

But then I wonder if we could still do an alpha release, just to get people
less annoyed by the 1.2 version which has some terrible issues [2], and
probably more bug report, and hopefully more people interested in
contributing.

WDYT ?

Nicolas

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200805.mbox/%3cB03D774CEAF17944B6FEEAF04021E2354BE5C2E054@LNWEXMBX0104.msad.ms.com%3e
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-65
[3]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200805.mbox/%3cDA840B295A060446A405B65CCDBC0776E55CD9@ofgesrv20.int.ofac.ch%3e

Re: Releasing IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@joost.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently there were some users complaining that there is no release of
> IvyDE
> compatible with Ivy 2. [1] [2]
>
> I know that IvyDE is not stable. See some major issues in Jira. For some
> people it is even getting less stable: [3]
>
> But then I wonder if we could still do an alpha release, just to get people
> less annoyed by the 1.2 version which has some terrible issues [2], and
> probably more bug report, and hopefully more people interested in
> contributing.
>
> WDYT ?

I'm  a strong +1 to get an alpha release of IvyDE out. I don't have much
time currently though, but according to the high quality of the job you've
done so far on IvyDE and its build system, I'm confident you are able to be
the release manager for this version if you want.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/