Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sa...@hp.com> on 2004/07/15 15:31:36 UTC

Can Maven update itself?

I'm new to Maven, and was wondering if anyone has setup Maven to manage
its own dependencies....This way you could pull the latest version of
Maven and add it to the master repository and them when Maven runs it
updates itself...I realize this is a "Chicken and Egg" scenario, not to
mention classloaders and stuff....but it would be an interesting
feature...

So has anyone ever discussed this??

thx!

________________________________

Sal Campana
HP Software
856.638.6284
sal_campana@hp.com <ma...@hp.com>

<ma...@hp.com>

Re: Can Maven update itself?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Definitely thought about it, maybe in the Maven 2.x lifecycle.

Maven already allows you to download its plugins one a plugin-by-plugin basis.

- Brett