Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by GOURAUD Emmanuel <eg...@jouve.fr> on 2015/12/31 15:30:42 UTC

shard lost - solr5.3

Hi there,

I have a collection that is composed of 8 shards with a replicationFactor of 2

i found 2 cores of the same shard in recoveryfailed status so i decided to restart both,

after having doing that , i do not have any leader on that shard... and both cores are down

is there a way to force a leader at startup or with the API? can fore election?

thanks for your help

Emmanuel

Re: shard lost - solr5.3

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
There's no reason to shut down your node. You should be able
to issue a REBALANCELEADERS command, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-RebalanceLeaders

on a currently-running cluster and all your preferred leaders
(assuming the nodes are up) should become the leader of their respective shards.

I should emphasize, though, that this is rarely necessary unless you
have lots and lots
and lots of shards. The use-case that code was written for was,
literally, hundreds
of shards all had their leaders on a single node.

FWIW,
Erick

Re: shard lost - solr5.3