Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Archie <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 06:39:30 UTC

How does replication affect kafka quota?

So by specifying a kafka quota for a user as 50 MBps, I can make sure it
can write on a partition at broker X (imagine this user has only 1
partition at this broker) at a max rate of 50 MBps. Now if the partition
has a replica on another broker Y, will the user still be able to write
data at rate 50MBps? Or will replicas slow down the user's write rate?

Thanks,
Archie

Re: How does replication affect kafka quota?

Posted by Archie <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. I have few more questions regarding replication quota

a) Will replication quota be valid even when partitions do not move?
b) Can I apply replication quota for a particular client-id? If yes, how
can I do that?
c) Can I apply replication quota for a particular topic? If yes, how can I
do that?

Thanks,
Archie

Posted by Hans Jespersen <ha...@confluent.io>.