Posted to dev@gossip.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/08 16:30:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Switch to time based release

All,

To keep ourselves moving I would like to switch to a time based release. I
would like to suggest 3 months from today March 8th for 0.1.2.

I would consider 3 of 6 of these goals a success, and more would be an
amazing stretch goal.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-22 (almost done)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-35
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-36
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-37
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-38
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOSSIP-39

If anyone else has something they would like to get done in a 3 month time
frame (soft commitment) please chime in.

Thanks,
Edward

Re: [DISCUSS] Switch to time based release

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
All,

We are almost a month away from the preposed time based release. We got
through many of the tickets already mentioned and added some other items
that came up along the way.

I would like to start the vote a week before the deadline this time by
making an rc branch. So if you are looking to get a feature into thia
release you have roughly 3 weeks.

Thanks
Ed

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.