Posted to dev@flagon.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2019/09/06 15:57:36 UTC

Re: URGENT: Apache Flagon UserALEjs NPM credentials

Hi Josh,
CC dev@ as this is useful for everyone to know.
Thanks for the quick response... and again apologies for the real late
action on by behalf. I went ahead and deprecated the older original
'useralejs' package on NPM as follows

lmcgibbn@MT-207576 /usr/local $ npm deprecate useralejs@1.0.0 "[NOTICE]
THIS PACKAGE HAS BEEN REPLACED BY 'flagon-userale' USE THAT INSTEAD."
lmcgibbn@MT-207576 /usr/local $ npm install useralejs
npm WARN deprecated useralejs@1.0.0: [NOTICE] THIS PACKAGE HAS BEEN
REPLACED BY 'flagon-userale' USE THAT INSTEAD.
+ useralejs@1.0.0
added 1 package from 4 contributors, removed 12 packages and audited 214
packages in 1.026s
found 102 vulnerabilities (12 low, 85 moderate, 5 high)
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

As you can see the package if formally deprecated.
There is also now a huge red banner which appears at
https://www.npmjs.com/package/useralejs... hopefully this is enough to warn
people against using the old package.
Lewis