Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by arthur thompson <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/06 21:39:00 UTC

forrest as a service being killed on logout

good day all,

i am running forrest as a service on a windows server
2003 box. but when i log out the server is no longer
up. after doing some research i came across the idea
that i should use the Xrs option when starting the
server and this will keep it running when i log out.

the problem is that to run forrest i use the "forrest
run" command, is there a command to start forrest
"java -jar start.jar" like with jetty
that i can use to start forrest so i can try using the
xrs option.

or if someone can suggest another way to keep forrest
running even when the user is logged out i would love
to hear that as well.

thanks
kroikie.

Yahoo! for Good

Re: forrest as a service being killed on logout

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
arthur thompson wrote:
> good day all,
>
> i am running forrest as a service on a windows server
> 2003 box. but when i log out the server is no longer
> up. after doing some research i came across the idea
> that i should use the Xrs option when starting the
> server and this will keep it running when i log out.
>
> the problem is that to run forrest i use the "forrest
> run" command, is there a command to start forrest
> "java -jar start.jar" like with jetty
> that i can use to start forrest so i can try using the
> xrs option.
>
> or if someone can suggest another way to keep forrest
> running even when the user is logged out i would love
> to hear that as well.

I'm not familar with windows services, I am guessing that you mean the
Xrs command line option in Java. If so then see the following lines in
forrest.properties:

# Any other arguments to pass to the JVM. For example, to run on an X-less
# server, set to -Djava.awt.headless=true
#forrest.jvmargs=

Ross

Ross