Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Niels Hagelberg <nj...@gmx.net> on 2004/06/24 15:52:18 UTC

Axis client maintaining connection to server

Hello,

We are using Axis Client for accessing a Web service layer in a large
production environment, which has the following setup:

1 x Server A (WLS 6.1) ---Webservice call---> Loadbalancer (Alteon 180E)
-----Webservice call-----> 2 x Server B (WLS 8.1).

Server A has Servlets/EJB's which in the end uses Axis Client to connect
through a Loadbalancer to Server B. The problem we're experiencing is,
that when we take down one of the B servers, the Axis Client seems to
maintain the connection toward this server. This means that we can't use
the Loadbalancer to redirect traffic to the other Server B in case of a
breakdown.
My question is: Why does the Axis Client keep sending requests to the
same server?

To access Axis in our application code on Server A, we use the following
code (example only):

------------EXAMPLE EJB-------------

LocatorService ls;

public class AxisExampleAccess implements SessionBean{

    private LocaterService getAccess() {
         if (ls == null) {
            ls = new LocatorService();
        }
    return ls;
    }

    public void callAxis(Object[] params) {
        getAccess.invoke(params);
    }
}
----------EXAMPLE LOCATOR SERVICE------------
LocatorService  {

Service s = null;
//implement Service methods....

    public void invoke(Object[] params) {
        Call c = javax.xml.rpc.Service().createCall();
        c.invoke(params);
    }
}

Niels

Re: Axis client maintaining connection to server

Posted by Niels Hagelberg <nj...@gmx.net>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>are u using commons-httpclient?
>
>On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:52:18 +0200, Niels Hagelberg <nj...@gmx.net> wrote: