Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 12:06:16 UTC

Upgrading Carbon kernel version of Apache Stratos

Hi Devs,

Carbon kernel versioned, 4.2.0 got released recently.

Among other features[1], the recent carbon release includes major
improvements to its clustering implementation. It now uses hazlecast based
clustering implementation underneath and claims it to be more stable.

The obvious advantage for Stratos includes,more stable clustering
support in Stratos ELB.

Shall we upgrade the Carbon kernel version in Stratos trunk ? (for next
Stratos release)

WDYT ?

[1] http://dist.wso2.org/products/carbon/4.2.0/release-notes-carbon.html

thanks,
--Pradeep

Re: Upgrading Carbon kernel version of Apache Stratos

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
thanks lahiru..

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
will do.

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

I saw Amilam sent a email saying that kernel 4.2 still contains the
infinispan jar. We have to remove it when we upgrade like we did the
special carbon release for Stratos early.

--
Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
lean. enterprise. middleware

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Upgrading Carbon kernel version of Apache Stratos

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.