Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jo...@itworld.com on 2000/09/22 22:48:49 UTC

Apache Cookie Question

Hello,

I am trying to write cookie information to the access.log file. The fashion
I am trying to do it in should break all caching for the /htdocs/images
directory.
It seems to work for IE cookies, html files get cached, which is good, and
I see the cache being broken for the gif in /htdocs/images. I can verify
this, because for each access to the gif file in /htdocs/images I see an
entry with the associated cookie info in the access.log file. However, on
Netscape it is caching the gif file in /htdocs/images and not caching the
html files, not good. I can verify this because I see only one entry with
the gif and it's associated cookie info per page. If I do a repeat visit to
a page the gif file in /htdocs/images and it's cookie info does not get
logged again. Does anyone know to beat the cache on Netscape, below is the
relevant portion of my httpd.conf file. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
\"%{Cookie}i\"  " combined

CustomLog logs/access.log combined

CookieTracking on
CookieExpires "4 years"
CookieName "agent_it"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/images">

Header set Cache-Control private
Header append Cache-Control no-cache="Set-Cookie"
Header append Cache-Control max-age=1

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif A1

</Directory>