Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eugene Goryachev <ea...@samaramail.ru> on 2001/11/24 14:21:47 UTC

How to set encoding for jsps and portlets

setting encoding in meta tags in default.jsp or
in content.defaultencoding in JetspeedResources.properties
does not help me to change encoding of html out

Re: How to set encoding for jsps and portlets

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Eugene,
o What version of Jetspeed are you using?

o The contents of default.jsp does not affect the HTTP Header.  In
   general the HTTP Header is sent to the browser before default.jsp
   (or default.vm) is used.  Although the Meta tags in default.jsp
   are sent to the browser, not all proxy servers honor them.

o I so not know where content.defaultencoding is used.  Hopefully
   some one else knows.

o What are you trying to set the encoding to?

Paul Spencer