Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Dmitry Malkov <el...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/19 14:46:05 UTC

ASF visualizations

Hi! We had recently made ASF visualizations, similar to those at
https://projects.apache.org/ :

1) ASF graph (SigmaJS): http://asf-graph-v1.datamonsters.ru/filter/50/890

2) ASF graph (D3) + timeline: http://www.asf2.datamonsters.ru/#/

3) "Population pyramid" of ASF committers:
https://lab.datamonsters.co/asf-dp/

4) Weekly ratings of ASF repos: https://lab.datamonsters.co/asf-liverating/

Could it somehow be useful for you? We'd like to contribute to the Apache
community.

Regards,
Dmitry.

Re: ASF visualizations

Posted by Dmitry Malkov <el...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the reply, Benjamin!

Aggregating repos around projects is a good point! Seems to be easy.

Do I understand you correctly that you mean that it is possible to add some
of these graphics to the https://projects.apache.org/ site? Or you meant
something else?

Regards,
Dmitry

--
С уважением, Дмитрий Малков.

Re: ASF visualizations

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 10/19/2016 05:16 PM, Dylan Hutchison wrote:
> I'm not sure what the node sizes and edges mean.  Could you add labels to
> the visualizations?  It looks nice.

I'm guessing it's the size of the repos (in terms of maybe commits
done?) and some sort of connectedness through maybe shared committers.

We already have similar charts available to all of ASF via Snoot (not
wishing to toot anyones horn here), but I've yet to see anyone use them
on web sites :)

Some (live) examples:
http://people.apache.org/~humbedooh/map-all.html (entire ASF)
http://people.apache.org/~humbedooh/map-galaxy-all.html (same, galaxy mode)
http://people.apache.org/~humbedooh/map-galaxy-bigdata.html (Big Data
tickets)

It would indeed be interesting to perhaps put some charts on the
projects.a.o site :)

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: ASF visualizations