Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/11 15:24:41 UTC

Upgrade From 2.0 to 2.1

Hi All,

I've successfully upgraded a 2.0 cluster to 2.1 on the way to upgrade to
3.11 (hopefully 3.11.4 if it'd be released very soon).

I have 2 small questions:

   1. Currently the Datastax clients are enforcing Protocol Version 2 to
   prevent mixed cluster issues. Do I need now to enforce Protocol Version 3
   while upgrading from 2.1 to 3.11 or can I still use Protocol Version 2?

   2. After the upgrade, I found that system table NodeIdInfo has not been
   upgraded, i.e. I still see it in *-jb-* convention. Does this mean that
   this table is obsolete and can be removed?

Thanks!

Re: Upgrade From 2.0 to 2.1

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:24 AM shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've successfully upgraded a 2.0 cluster to 2.1 on the way to upgrade to
> 3.11 (hopefully 3.11.4 if it'd be released very soon).
>
> I have 2 small questions:
>
>    1. Currently the Datastax clients are enforcing Protocol Version 2 to
>    prevent mixed cluster issues. Do I need now to enforce Protocol Version 3
>    while upgrading from 2.1 to 3.11 or can I still use Protocol Version 2?
>
> You'll need to go to v3 for 3.11. Congratulations on being aware enough to
do this - advanced upgrade coordination, it's absolutely the right thing to
do, but most people don't know it's possible or useful.

Re: Upgrade From 2.0 to 2.1

Posted by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>.
Very soon. If not today, it will be up tomorrow. :)
Yayyy, just saw the release of 3.11.4.  :-)

You'll need to go to v3 for 3.11. Congratulations on being aware enough to
do this - advanced upgrade coordination, it's absolutely the right thing to
do, but most people don't know it's possible or useful.
Thanks a lot Jeff for clarifying this.
I really hoped the answer would be different. Now I need to nag our R&D
teams again :-)

Thanks!

Re: Upgrade From 2.0 to 2.1

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.