Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Toriacht <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 01:32:20 UTC

Set up Nabble retrieve from gmail

Hi,

I'm a James novice. I would like to setup James to listen and retrieve mails
from my gmail a/c (Google apps), store them  in a DB and send a simple auto
reply. Is this possible?

I've started with the receive mail part of above problem.

in james-fetchmail.xml i have done the following
at top of file...
<fetchmail enabled="true">
       ---
        <fetch name="pop.gmail.com">

I have edited alllocal and account user  fields in the accounts section of
the same file as below. Setting the same account info in both. Is this
correct? I haven't edited all fields as you can see below. what should I put
in those fields?

<accounts>
                <alllocal userprefix="my.name"
usersuffix="@googleappsdomain.com" password="mypassword"
recipientprefix="WHAT DO I PUT HERE" recipientsuffix="WHAT DO I PUT HERE"
ignorercpt-header="true"/>

           <account user="my.name@mygoogleappsdomain.com"
password="mypassword" recipient="postmaster@localhost"
ignorercpt-header="false"/>
                <!-- Custom recipient header handling -->
                <!-- this example search an header named X-Envelope-To and
use the recipient found in that header -->
                <!--
                <account customrcpt-header="X-Envelope-To" user="WHAT DO I
PUT HERE" password="WHAT DO I PUT HERE" recipient="postmaster@localhost"
ignorercpt-header="false"/>
  -->
            </accounts>

I have used this page, http://wiki.apache.org/james/UsingSSL as a guide to
editing the config.xml. I have edited as described, however I am stuck!!

What info should i enter for the keystore/password/key-password? Do I need
to install the gmail ssl certificate locally (If so, how do i get this?) or
is there a better way?

<factory name="ssl"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.TLSServerSocketFactory">
            <ssl-factory>
               <keystore>
                  <file>file</file>
                  <password>secret</password>
                  <key-password>keysecret</key-password>
                  <type>JKS</type>
                  <protocol>TLS</protocol>
                  <algorithm>SunX509</algorithm>
                  <authenticate-client>false</authenticate-client>
               </keystore>
            </ssl-factory>
         </factory>

I am currently getting an error on James startup because there is no SSL
file at location specified above.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tori