Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marc Jenzer <ma...@j-solution.ch> on 2001/05/31 00:46:23 UTC

fop shrink the column-width

What do I wrong or what can I do better? I define in the below example that
the first column should be 133mm long. If the text for the first column is
short, fop shrink this first column to 60 mm. If the text is longer, than it
work's fine.

<fo:table>
    <fo:table-column column-width="133mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="8mm"/>

    <fo:table-body>
        <fo:table-row>
            <fo:table-cell><fo:block>My Col 1</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
            <fo:table-cell><fo:block text-align="end">My Col
2</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
        </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Marc

Re: fop shrink the column-width

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
Hi Marc,

I'm assuming that the example below is the "short text" for the first
column. It seems to work fine with today's CVS version, ie. the column
seems to have the correct width. Which version of fop are you using? If
you are using a recent version, perhaps you could send the complete FO
(or at least your page masters + table). Off the top of my head, I can't
imagine why you would get this behavior.

Regards,
Karen Lease