Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by K <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/05 13:31:38 UTC

unable to retrieve HTTPServletRequest parameters

Hi

I am trying to retrieve HTTPServletRequest parameters from a incoming
request from an external application. i am using

HttpServletRequest req = ((ServletWebRequest)
RequestCycle.get().getRequest()).getContainerRequest();
 in my home page, when i try to print the request parameters or
getparameternames.size i get null and 0 respectively.

i need the parameter values to retrieve the session and logged-in user
information of the application that the request is coming from.

can anyone point out what is to be done?

Thanks in advance

-----

Re: unable to retrieve HTTPServletRequest parameters

Posted by Kris <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Martin and Sven and sorry i delayed working on your suggestions. I
did a POC and i was able to do retrieve the parameters from both
HTTPServletRequest and PageParameters. Problem was with the application that
is invoking the wicket application.

Thanks a lot

-----

Re: unable to retrieve HTTPServletRequest parameters

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The parameters should be available via PageParameters#get(String)
But they should be available in the HttpServletRequest too.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

 > i am using ... in my home page

from where in your page are you reading the request parameters?

It seems you ain't doing it on the first request, but after a redirect only.

Have fun
Sven