Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Jo...@swisscom.com on 2019/10/30 09:56:48 UTC

NiFi WebGUI Timestamp issue

Hi Guys,

We just faced an issue with the time shown in the NiFi webgui (Screenshot below).

We are in Switzerland, so at the moment we have “CET” (UTC + 1h). After a restart of our 8-node NiFi 1.9.2 cluster, NiFi suddenly showed “CET” - but the timestamp was in fact UTC, so minus 1h. Then we decided to restart all NiFi nodes again and now it’s even more confusing, it shows “UTC” but the time is from CET?

[cid:image001.png@01D58F10.B9FC5C30]

Can anybody explain where the timestamp and the localization letters are coming from? After the reboot for a very short time period it showed another localization and timestamp, but then it changed to what I mentioned in the screenshot above.

We have more clusters and single nifi’s and all the other machines show the correct timestamp and location… all have the same config.

Cheers Josef

Re: NiFi WebGUI Timestamp issue

Posted by Jo...@swisscom.com.
Yes of course… 4 servers.

From: "Wesley C. Dias de Oliveira" <wc...@gmail.com>
Reply to: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 16:56
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: NiFi WebGUI Timestamp issue

Are you using NTP servers?

Em qua, 30 de out de 2019 às 11:36, <Jo...@swisscom.com>> escreveu:
Hi Wesley

I didn’t change anything on the machine during the time when I restarted the cluster (multiple times), however NiFi showed after each restart different timestamps/localizations.

Cheers Josef

From: "Wesley C. Dias de Oliveira" <wc...@gmail.com>>
Reply to: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 14:41
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>

Hi, Josef.

It seems to be related to machine time settings.

Have you checked this?

Em qua, 30 de out de 2019 às 06:57, <Jo...@swisscom.com>> escreveu:
Hi Guys,

We just faced an issue with the time shown in the NiFi webgui (Screenshot below).

We are in Switzerland, so at the moment we have “CET” (UTC + 1h). After a restart of our 8-node NiFi 1.9.2 cluster, NiFi suddenly showed “CET” - but the timestamp was in fact UTC, so minus 1h. Then we decided to restart all NiFi nodes again and now it’s even more confusing, it shows “UTC” but the time is from CET?

[cid:16e1ce4a8a64cff311]

--
Grato,
Wesley C. Dias de Oliveira.