Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Zhenjia Zhu <zh...@bizwareapps.com> on 2005/06/01 16:17:03 UTC

Urgent Authentication Help

Hi all, any help on the following would be greatly appreciated. I asked this
question on the user list, but it seems nobody can anwser my question for a
long time. I come here to ask expert help.

I have SMTP authentication enabled and set the <servername> to:
      <servernames autodetect="false" autodetectIP="true">
         <servername>localhost</servername>
         <servername>mydomain-1.com</servername>
         <servername>mydomain-2.com</servername>
         <servername>mydomain-3.com.cn</servername>
      </servernames>
Please notice the third domain ends with a ".cn". I also set up a user
account: "first.last".

Now when I send email to first.last@mydomain-1.com or
first.last@mydomain-2.com, there is no problem at all. However, when I (or
other people) try to send email to first.last@mydomain-3.com.cn, I got a
return back like the followings:

         "Remote host said: 530 Authentication Required"

Help please and thanks in advance!

Joey