Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2007/10/25 16:22:13 UTC

Canoo WebTest Plugin 0.2 for M2 is available for field testing ...

Hi folks,

I created a rough cut of a M2 plugin to be downloaded from

http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/maven-plugins/

Krystian Novak did some field testing - thanks a lot .... :-)

A few points to keep in mind

+) it is my very first M2 plugin so it could be quite shaky ...
+) Canoo WebTest uses a lot of custom libraries - they are found in
"lib" with a shell script to import them into the local repo
+) the javax.mail-1.3.3.jar needs to be provided manually
+) after some more testing it should go to Codehaus

If someone feels brave enough - don't forget to provide feedback ....

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Canoo WebTest Plugin 0.2 for M2 is available for field testing ...

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've downloaded the latest (0.6.1) and built it from the source but
any plugin invocation results in npe's in maven. For example:

$ mvn help:describe -Dplugin=webtest -Dfull=true
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'help'.
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
[INFO] Building quickstart
[INFO]    task-segment: [help:describe] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] [help:describe]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] null
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.maven.plugins.help.DescribeMojo.describePlugin(DescribeMojo.java:452)
	at org.apache.maven.plugins.help.DescribeMojo.execute(DescribeMojo.java:223)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:227)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jul 02 17:42:11 CEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/508M

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 4:22 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I created a rough cut of a M2 plugin to be downloaded from
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/maven-plugins/
>
> Krystian Novak did some field testing - thanks a lot .... :-)
>
> A few points to keep in mind
>
> +) it is my very first M2 plugin so it could be quite shaky ...
> +) Canoo WebTest uses a lot of custom libraries - they are found in "lib"
> with a shell script to import them into the local repo
> +) the javax.mail-1.3.3.jar needs to be provided manually
> +) after some more testing it should go to Codehaus
>
> If someone feels brave enough - don't forget to provide feedback ....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: Canoo WebTest Plugin 0.2 for M2 is available for field testing ...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to encourage people to move over to that version any time I
see javax.mail in a pom since it is CDDL and so Jars are available in
the repo etc. ;-)

Wayne

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Wayne,