Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 18:06:55 UTC

[dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Libcloud 0.14.0

On 22 January 2014 16:16, Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org> wrote:

> Download
>
> Libcloud 0.14.0 can be downloaded from
> http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
> or installed using pip:
>
> pip install apache-libcloud==0.14.0
>
> It is possible that the file hasn't been synced to all the mirrors yet.

Next time please don't send the announce message until the mirrors
have been given a chance to catch up.
Best to wait a couple of days to allow for the slowest mirrors.

>  If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror -
> https://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud.

The point of mirrors is to reduce the load on the ASF instructure, so
please don't encourage users to download from the ASF.

The main ASF mirrors should only be used if there is no other mirror.

Thanks!

[dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Libcloud 0.14.0

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Sebb,

Yes I'm aware of that. I never thought it was big issue since our artifacts
are small and majority of our downloads and installs actually come from
PyPi.

In any case, next time I will wait.