Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2011/07/30 13:41:03 UTC

Re: AW: Searching volunteer

Hello Andrey,

I'm sure those libraries are useful, I never stated otherwise! One other thing you could consider, if you don't want to go through incubation, is to see if the libraries could somehow enhance existing Apache projects. The first one that comes to mind is the Apache Commons project, which contains a lot of reusable components. Maybe somebody there is interested in helping you out? I took the liberty of cross posting this mail to their "dev" list to bring it to their attention.

Greetings, Marcel

AW: AW: Searching volunteer

Posted by Andrey Kuznetsov <im...@gmx.de>.
Thank you Marcel!

Re: Searching volunteer

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all, Andrey,
as Christian said, the ASF works in order to put community over the
code, so or ou create a community around your codebase or use your
codebase to contribute in existing communities; I'd see two main
options like:

 * publishing existing codebase to Apache Extras[1] (read the FAQ[2]); or
 * providing patches to Apache Commons (UIO could be contributed to
commons-io and imagero to commons-sanselan).

If you choose the option #2, I think you have to submit the SoftwareGrant[3].

Just my 2 cents,
Simo

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/
[2] http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/faq.html