Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org> on 2018/07/11 20:17:18 UTC

CVE-2018-8024 Apache Spark XSS vulnerability in UI

Severity: Medium

Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
Spark versions through 2.1.2
Spark 2.2.0 through 2.2.1
Spark 2.3.0

In Apache Spark up to and including 2.1.2, 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, and 2.3.0, it's
possible for a malicious user to construct a URL pointing to a Spark
cluster's UI's job and stage info pages, and if a user can be tricked into
accessing the URL, can be used to cause script to execute and expose
information from the user's view of the Spark UI. While some browsers like
recent versions of Chrome and Safari are able to block this type of attack,
current versions of Firefox (and possibly others) do not.

Mitigation:
1.x, 2.0.x, and 2.1.x users should upgrade to 2.1.3 or newer
2.2.x users should upgrade to 2.2.2 or newer
2.3.x users should upgrade to 2.3.1 or newer

Credit:
Spencer Gietzen, Rhino Security Labs

Re: CVE-2018-8024 Apache Spark XSS vulnerability in UI

Posted by Sandeep Katta <sa...@gmail.com>.
I was going through this and CVE-2018-1334 vulnerabilities

As per mitigation plan advised to upgrade to 2.2.2 and 2.3.1, but from the
release notes I don’t find any reference against these vulnerabilities.Can
some one please provide me the jira ID against which these issues are fixed.

Regards
Sandeep Katta