Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1997/06/02 16:55:33 UTC

Re: b11 + mod_perl + BrowserMatch

Doug MacEachern said:

> I just confirmed on a linux box, that httpd croaks with mod_perl and
> the default config:
>
>  BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive
>
> Comment it out, no troubles.

Strange... I have no problems with it.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's
recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will
personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out. [Sigh] Civilians. [Looking
up] Just kidding about the God part -- no offense."

Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova, Voice in the Wilderness Part I

Re: b11 + mod_perl + BrowserMatch

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > >  BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive
> > >
> > > Comment it out, no troubles.
> >
> > Strange... I have no problems with it.
>
> Probably because WANTHSREGEX defaults to 'no' on your platform.  It is
> only a problem if the hsregex library is used.

Does perl always use the same regex library?  I haven't had a chance to
find it, but on FreeBSD I can see no obvious symbol conflicts between
apache/src/regex/libregex.a and
/usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-freebsd/5.003/CORE/libperl.a; someone who
has the problem should examine their nm output from both to see
if they have conflicts.

Re: b11 + mod_perl + BrowserMatch

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> >  BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive
> >
> > Comment it out, no troubles.
>
> Strange... I have no problems with it.

Probably because WANTHSREGEX defaults to 'no' on your platform.  It is
only a problem if the hsregex library is used.

-Rasmus