Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by guigui <si...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/20 09:02:40 UTC

OpenEJB : Cannot determine server protocol version: Received OEJP/4.6 : Read timed out

Hi,I'm using openEJB 4.7.1 standalone, running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 5.10 (Tikanga).
I deployed stateless EJBs in the folder apps. These EJBs are called from
batch clients every day.
At the beginning everything is ok, and batchs are successfully executed. But
after some days (last time was after 9 days), this error happen:

INFO: ConnectionOpened{uri=ejbd://xxx.xx.xxx.xx:xxxxx}
Dec 21, 2014 2:00:01 PM org.apache.openejb.client.EventLogger log
WARNING: RequestFailed{server=ejbd://xxx.xx.xxx.xx:xxxxx} JNDI_LOOKUP:/myEJB
{error=Cannot determine server protocol version: Received OEJP/4.6 : Read
timed out}
[2014-12-21 14:00:01,353] ERROR fr.xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.findReference  ::
Invalid response from server: -1
org.apache.openejb.client.ClientRuntimeException: Invalid response from
server: -1
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:335)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411)

This error refers to the following code: ctx.lookup("myEJB"); where myEJB is
the mappedName of my stateless EJB.
I searched the web and I didn't find any solution about this error.

Any idea?

Many Thanks.
-guigui

Re: OpenEJB : Cannot determine server protocol version: Received OEJP/4.6 : Read timed out

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ATM we dont know enough I fear. You got a timeout so can just be the
machine or network really timeout-ed.

Basically having a retry on client side can maybe help

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com
https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by guigui <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm, maybe try to telnet to the server, this timeout is weird

Posted by guigui <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
is the server restarted in between?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Then you dont get any error logs on server?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
That was my first thought as well, but the point on having the app working
for a couple of days and then showing this exception sounds strange to me.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.