Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/24 23:21:24 UTC

AbstractSAXTransformer removing a space character ?

Hi,

I am trying to fix a strange bug in Cocoon 2.0.4 application (with Actions):
sometimes during transformations the space disappears in my data (first space inside the String on WinXP or last one on Solaris)
As a result, I am getting SQL Exceptions from the inner query in SQL transformer (looking for non-matchinging value in DB)

Here is a part of my matcher where it happens:

            <map:act type="getUserInfoAction">
                    <map:generate type="request">
                        <map:parameter name="generate-attributes" value="true"/>
                    </map:generate>
                    <map:act type="assocAbbrAction">    <!-- MyActionClass1 (returns correct string) -->
                        <map:transform src="xslt/mbr/imptool_generate_config.xsl">
                            <map:parameter name="abbr" value="{assoc_abbr}"/>
                            <map:parameter name="userid" value="{../userid}"/>
                        </map:transform>
                    </map:act>
                    <!-- Java class MyActionClass1 returns correct string: <description>APCN - F. DOHMEN CO. (006808)</description> -->
                <map:transform type="write-source"/> <!-- standard Cocoon SourceWritingTransformer, writes into a file -->
                <map:transform type="topic-subscription"/>  <!-- MyTransformer1 String is incorrect (see below) -->
                <map:transform src="xslt/mbr/imptool_generate_update.xsl"/>
                <map:transform type="sql2">
                    <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="mbrdb"/>
                    <map:parameter name="enable-transaction" value="true"/>
                </map:transform>

AbstractSAXTransformer: BEGIN endTextRecording
AbstractSAXTransformer: END endTextRecording text=APCN- F. DOHMEN CO. (006808)    <-- missing space between "APCN" and "-"

MyTransformer1  extends   AbstractSAXTransformer, nothing really fancy there:
if ( name.toLowerCase().equals("description") ) {
            topicDescription = endTextRecording();
}

Is that a known Cocoon 2.0.4 bug ?

Any help is very appreciated (I am pretty new to Cocoon and that is a high priority bug).

Thank you,Oleg.