Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Reinhold Gruber <he...@gmx.at> on 2020/09/10 20:50:01 UTC

Spring Security Integration

Hi!

I have a hard time trying to integrate Tapesty within a Spring Boot Application secured by Spring Security.
Did anyone have success in this area and wants to share his experience and knowhow. I thought that it would be enough to simply append the TapestryFilter after the Spring FilterChain but apparently it is not.

Best Regards
Reinhold

Re: Re: Spring Security Integration

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.
We have a couple of tapestry apps that are wired up using boot and spring
security.
A simple setup to get the Tapestry filter in, is something like this (no
web.xml, the listener and production mode symbol can be left out):

@SpringBootApplication
public class AppWebApplicationInitializer extends
SpringBootServletInitializer {

    @Override
    protected SpringApplicationBuilder configure(SpringApplicationBuilder
builder) {
        return builder.sources( ApplicationConfiguration.class );
    }

    @Override
    public void onStartup(ServletContext servletContext) throws
ServletException {
        super.onStartup(servletContext);

        // make sure we have proxies for request/response available
        servletContext.addListener(RequestContextListener.class);

        // add Tapestry
        servletContext.setInitParameter( "tapestry.app-package",
"com.company.package");

servletContext.setInitParameter("tapestry.use-external-spring-context",
"true" );
        servletContext.addFilter("app", TapestrySpringFilter.class)
                .addMappingForUrlPatterns(null, false, "/*");

        // default production mode - to allow reacting to it in contribute
application defaults
        servletContext.setInitParameter(SymbolConstants.PRODUCTION_MODE,
"true");
    }

}

HTH.
--
Chris

Posted by Ronny Latif <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 4:48 AM Reinhold Gruber <he...@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi!

Hello!

> Yes, I looked into the quickstart archetype and Apache Shiro.
>
> One requirement of the project is to delegate Authentication/Authorization
> to an WSO2 Identity Server with the help of OpenId Connect.
> This can be done quite easily in Spring Boot + Security.
> I did not find this kind of integration in Shiro.

I'm definitely not an expert in that field so I'm afraid I cannot help you
further here.

Have you checked the Tapestry-Spring integration?
https://tapestry.apache.org/integrating-with-spring-framework.html

> Regards
> Reinhold
>

> Gesendet: Freitag, 11. September 2020 um 01:11 Uhr
> Von: "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>
> An: "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: Spring Security Integration
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Reinhold Gruber <he...@gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >

> Hi!
>
> I have a hard time trying to integrate Tapesty within a Spring Boot
> > Application secured by Spring Security.
> > Did anyone have success in this area and wants to share his experience
> and
> > knowhow. I thought that it would be enough to simply append the
> > TapestryFilter after the Spring FilterChain but apparently it is not.
> >

> Have you tried creating a Tapestry project using the archetype
> (quickstart)? It's documented here:
> https://tapestry.apache.org/getting-started.html. It does create a project
> using Spring Boot.
>
> I know you're looking for Spring Security, but I'd like to mention anyway
> that Tapestry has a very good integration with Apache Shiro (another
> security framework) written by a committer of both Tapestry and Shiro:
>
> http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/[http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/]
> <http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/%5Bhttp://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/%5D>
>

> > Best Regards
> > Reinhold

> Thiago

Thiago

Aw: Re: Spring Security Integration

Gesendet: Freitag, 11. September 2020 um 01:11 Uhr
Von: "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>
An: "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Spring Security Integration
On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Reinhold Gruber <he...@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi!

Hi!

I have a hard time trying to integrate Tapesty within a Spring Boot
> Application secured by Spring Security.
> Did anyone have success in this area and wants to share his experience and
> knowhow. I thought that it would be enough to simply append the
> TapestryFilter after the Spring FilterChain but apparently it is not.

Have you tried creating a Tapestry project using the archetype
(quickstart)? It's documented here:
https://tapestry.apache.org/getting-started.html. It does create a project
using Spring Boot.

I know you're looking for Spring Security, but I'd like to mention anyway
that Tapestry has a very good integration with Apache Shiro (another
security framework) written by a committer of both Tapestry and Shiro:
http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/[http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/]

> Best Regards
> Reinhold

Thiago

Re: Spring Security Integration

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Reinhold Gruber <he...@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi!

Hi!

I have a hard time trying to integrate Tapesty within a Spring Boot
> Application secured by Spring Security.
> Did anyone have success in this area and wants to share his experience and
> knowhow. I thought that it would be enough to simply append the
> TapestryFilter after the Spring FilterChain but apparently it is not.

Have you tried creating a Tapestry project using the archetype
(quickstart)? It's documented here:
https://tapestry.apache.org/getting-started.html. It does create a project
using Spring Boot.

I know you're looking for Spring Security, but I'd like to mention anyway
that Tapestry has a very good integration with Apache Shiro (another
security framework) written by a committer of both Tapestry and Shiro:
http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/

> Best Regards
> Reinhold

Thiago