Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/02/05 01:57:30 UTC

About to tag the tree.

In keeping with Roy's ideas of tagging the tree every week, I am about to
make some changes to the code layout, so that it is a single file that is
modified when we tag, and all that file has in it is the data to be
modified.

Once that is done, I will tag the tree with a tag named:

APACHE_2_0_BETA_CANDIDATE_1

This tag can then be checked out and people will be able to test it to
determine if we want to use it as httpd-2.0b1.  If people like it, we will
then checkout the tag and actually build the beta binaries and tarballs
from it.  If people don't like it, then we tag and roll again later.

Expect a message in about an hour that the tag is complete.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: About to tag the tree.

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:
> ... tagging the tree every week ...

Dates are a good stand in for tags. - ben

Re: About to tag the tree.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> Once that is done, I will tag the tree with a tag named:
>
> APACHE_2_0_BETA_CANDIDATE_1

BTW, if this is a bad name, then we can change it later.  I don't have a
better name.  Same thing for the header file, I will be calling it
release.h.  Feel free to provide a better naming scheme.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131