Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michal Palička <Mi...@cleverlance.com> on 2007/05/28 10:00:44 UTC

Wicket & portlets (current status)?

Hello,

what is the current status of the Wicket's portlet support?

There used to be the "wicket-portlet-examples" module in the WICKET-2.0 branch.
The branch has been discontinued.

It seems that there is no portlet support in the current trunk.

What are the plans regarding the portlet support in Wicket?

Thank you in advance

mp.

Re: Wicket & portlets (current status)?

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Portlet support of the (discontinued) Wicket 2.0 was removed from 1.3
because nobody had time to maintain the code. You might try portlet
support from 1.2.x, or wait till the third generation of the portlet
support arrives.

Janne

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brainstorm <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi There,

Can you pls help me in knowing how to call a wicket through IBM Portlet
container, i read through the thread but i m still confused whether that
support has been discontinued or not. if required i can be a part of such
development.

Thanks,
Sid.

Re: Wicket & portlets (current status)?

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> two or three weeks a go I had a look on the current source for the
> portlet integration. They are currently stored at the wicket stuff
> project. This source do not compile with the wicket 1.3 release (this
> was two or three week ago). I play around with the source and get some
> examples of the "normal" examples work in the liferay portal. I stop
> working, because I had difficults to show images in the portlet. I had a
> look at the sources to understand what the problem is. During looking at
> the source I see some tricky (tricky from the viewing point of a portlet
> container -- correctly from the point of a servlet container) points in
> the wicket 1.3 sources. This points must be solved to get wicket running
> in a portlet container (e.g. a portlet container has no HttpRequest, a
> portlet container has no path and so on, typecast from WebRequest to
> HttpWebRequest or getting the path of the application, which is not
> available in a portlet container). Up to now I had now time to write
> down the points which will be difficult to solve and currently the
> source of 1.3 will be code freezed so this stuff could only be solved in
> future releases.
>
> The architecture of wicket looks like that the protocol over which
> wicket will be use should be "plugable". Is this right?

It should be yeah. Around Wicket 1.0 we introduced a couple of extra
abstractions to facilite portlets. I'm pretty sure we've had basic
portlet support up for some time, so it should be possible to fold
this in for 1.3 again. The main issue now is that we need enough
people with enough energy to work on it and this time finish the job.

Eelco

Re: Wicket & portlets (current status)?

Posted by Jens Mühlenhoff <je...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Michael,

[...]