Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com> on 2005/12/22 14:37:13 UTC

Re: sender-valid SMTP callbacks (Does "tuxorama.com" sound familiar to anyone?)

Matt Kettler wrote on Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:16:43 -0500:

> So I don't think this really changes much about spam, aside from perhaps
> encouraging spammers to clean their lists.

Do they "clean" their lists? It seems to a certain point, yes. Although it
just seems they push all the stuff out and don't even get notice of what is
rejected. Over the past months I developed the impression that domains
which just except "everything" (no "rejection-type" spam protection at MTA,
catch-all alias) are attracting more spam and are more likely to be abused
for joe-jobs than others. But this is only based on a few domains and may
be coincidence.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany