Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Chaudhuri <nc...@potomacfusion.com> on 2010/08/07 00:02:39 UTC

Maven Tomcat Plugin - Context File

I have a configuration file, call it myapp.xml, that would be found in conf\Catalina\localhost in a conventional deployment to indicate that the context for my application is to be found at /myapp. I don't want to include this file in my war. My question is simply where should I put myapp.xml in my source tree and how I should reference it in the configuration of my plugin.

Thanks.

RE: Maven Tomcat Plugin - Context File

Posted by Neil Chaudhuri <nc...@potomacfusion.com>.
I have the following:

<configuration>
                    <path>/myapp</path>
                    <contextFile>src/main/test/context.xml</contextFile>
</configuration>

I have context.xml at that location.

However, I still get

"Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: FAIL - No context exists for path /myapp"

I am not sure why.

Thanks.

            <contextFile>src/test/tomcat/context.xml</contextFile>
          </configuration>

--
Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy