Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com> on 2013/12/02 17:06:05 UTC

ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Giles Sirett

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache CloudStack has asked Giles Sirett
to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that they have accepted.

Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more autonomously. For
developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and eliminates the need to
have contributions reviewed via the patch submission process. Whether
contributions are development-related or otherwise, it is a recognition of a
contributor's participation in the project and commitment to the project and
the Apache Way.

Please join me in congratulating Giles!

—
John Burwell,
on behalf of the Apache CloudStack PMC

RE: ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Giles Sirett

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 02.12.2013 17:39, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> Congratulations Giles, nice recognition for all your hard work
> promoting CloudStack

Bravo and congrats! :)

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Giles Sirett

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Congratulations Giles, nice recognition for all your hard work promoting CloudStack

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-
John Burwell,
on behalf of the Apache CloudStack PMC
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Congratulations Giles.

Posted by Malintha Adikari <ma...@wso2.com>.
Congratulations Giles!

--
*Malintha Adikari*
 Software Engineer

mobile: +94 71 2312958

Re: ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Giles Sirett

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
Congrats Giles!!! :)

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Congratulations, Giles!

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath <
radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:

> Congrats, Giles. Welcome aboard.

*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*™*

RE: ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Giles Sirett

Posted by Go Chiba <go...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, Giles!

--Go

Go Chiba
E-mail:go.chiba@gmail.com

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Giles!

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Giles, thanks for your leadership

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Everyone

Thanks for all the messages  - I feel honoured and very excited to become a committer.
The good news is that I do NOT intend to start writing code (its been a long time)

I am very much looking forward to continuing to help this project and this community in ways I know how: that generally being the ability to promote/evangelise and make sure that Apache Cloudstack  continues to be the success that it should be .

I will do this individually and also through ensuing that my teams at ShapeBlue give as much back to the community as possible.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Congrats Giles !!!.

Posted by Alex Hitchins <cl...@alexhitchins.com>.