Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au> on 2016/02/22 07:04:56 UTC

Marmotta configuration behaviour

Hi

having issues trying to get marmotta installed and configured on a remote
vm.

AFAICT some behaviours are bugs - i didnt see these reported - I'll post to
JIRA once I've checked on the full expected behaviour here - and if its a
bug in behaviour or documentation.

I was trying to set the database config
at /marmotta/storage-kiwi/admin/database.html and cannot get past the basic
authentication request.

I have tried to set up 'standard' profile - and a property did in fact
appear in system-config.properties. The default login admin/pass123 did not
work

there was no security.enabled property - but there was a
security.configured property
i tried setting configured to false -  still asked for authentication.
i set back to true and added security.enabled = false - still no joy.

At this point a bug appears: if i reload the marmotta context the UI loses
all styling (and functionality) - i need to completely restart tomcat to
get the UI working again.

then I find the system-config.properties has been overwritten and the
configuration changes lost. i dont see how the documentation for
configuration is consistent with this beahviour - which one is wrong?

anyway - i went away and came back after a little while - and it worked
without authentication (has some cached thing expired?)

my best guess as to what is happening
1) restarting is wiping the config - probably a bug
2) there is some delay before a configuration change propagates to changed
behaviour in the UI - whether reloads/restarts affect this at all I cant
tell.- this may be a documentation bug if its expected behaviour
3) why the UI breaks and becomes unstyled HTML still a mystery.

Cheers
Rob Atkinson

Re: Marmotta configuration behaviour

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Rob,

currently there is an issue in the login functionality, we're aware, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-534 for further details.

Since nobody has spent effort on it, does not look critical for our current
deployment scenarios. But we should prioritize it if you consider it
necessary. Please, report to Jira any relevant detail.

In the meantime I recommend you to work following these steps:

1) stop marmotta
2) modify your configuration at $MARMOTTA_HOME/system-config.properties
3) start marmotta

I know it's not a solution, but in most of the cases the configuration is
very static and you wouldn't be block by this issue.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager