Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Suchisubhra Sinha (susinha)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2003/11/20 05:32:48 UTC

RE: Database Driven Portlet/Skin/Media

Hi David,
  I have written  one service (DatabaseRegistryService )which will load
portlets from
Database (portlet,  portlet_parameter,  portlet_medaitype) and put into
cache(where
Registry  service is putting).It is using the same cache what
RegistryService is using.
So user  can  store portlets both in file (.xreg. Which  will  be loaded
into  cache by RegistryService) and in database (which  will be loaded
into cache by DatabaseRegistryService). Also this service can be used to
store skin, PortletControl,
PortletController, MediaType, Security from  database.

But I got two issues while implementing DatabaseRegistryService. I need
help for that.

1. why  parent field in  PORTLET table is number? As I see all  the
portlets in
current demo-portlets.xreg, in portlet-entry tag  parent=RSS or
parent="CustomizerVelocity" etc. So not able to  figure out why  parent
field
in PORTLET table is numeric.

2.There is no scope in  PORTLET table to  store 'security-ref' tag value
of a portlet. Then where should keep  this value.

I will  appreciate any  pointers.
Thanx.

~suchi