Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by KaspAir <ka...@glocalnet.net> on 2013/09/03 14:04:35 UTC

Swedish dictionary

Dear OpenOffice,

For the OpenOffice 4.0.0 version there is no Swedish dictionary. Neither
as language-pack or as add-on.

Can the previous swedish language-pack be converted so it can fit the
OpenOffice 4.0.0 version?

Can the very fine dictionary of Mozilla Firefox be converted to fit
OpenOffice 4.0.0?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/den-stora-svenska-ordlistan/

I am willing to try to help with the conversion work as long as it does
not require a large amount of work.

Yours Sincerely, Kasper

Re: Swedish translation - text length, cap, target

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

KaspAir schrieb:

> *The text */*in */*which the length is to be determined.*
> https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14327769
> Do they mean?: The text /*of */which the length is to determined.
> What is the measure of length? Number of words? Number of characters?
> Number of character including white spaces? The with of the text in
> centimeters?

It belongs to the function LENB.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018080_715980110
Read section "6.7.1General" for explanation.

> *Ca~p style*
> https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14334259
> Does cap refer to chapters, capitals or line caps (endings of lines)?

Endings of lines. You see the string in the properties dialog of a line.

> *Blue Target*
> https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14334690
> What kind of target? A goal? A target for aiming weapon (see image
> below)? The endpoint (ending destination)?

It is one of the graphic bullets. So look at it and then decide what is
a good name for it.

> I tried to see what the German version was and tried this link, but it
> did not work. How do I do it?
> https://translate.apache.org/de/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14334690

You can select an additional source language in your personal settings.
Then you will see an additional green line with this language parallel
to the English line.

Kind regards
Regina

Swedish translation - text length, cap, target

Re: Swedish translation of OpenOffice 4.x

Posted by KaspAir <ka...@glocalnet.net>.
I also give the links to where the translations are for clarity.
/vincinity

On 2013-09-14 11:07, KaspAir wrote:
Hello!

I have worked on the Swedish translation. There are now only 44 words
left. In some of these cases I am unsure what word to use because I am
not sure of in which context it is used. In a few cases it might be that
the original text in English has some error in it, because I do not
understand the meaning.

When expanding the details on the overview page, I find that there are
errors with placeholders, escapes, printf() and XML tags.

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/

I have installed OpenOffice 4.0.0 English version. Is it possible to
import the swedish translations into it to test them?

Below some specific questions in order to understand to continue the work.

Q1 Placeholders

English                     Swedish
Currently:
[Default Language] -> [Standardspråk]
https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14272755
[M] -> [E]
https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14278477
What would be correct? I guess the text within square brackets should
not be translated.

Q2 Escapes

The column *"$column$"* could not be changed. Should the column instead
be deleted and the new format appended?
-> (Currently)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"\\$column\\$"*. Ska den i stället
raderas och det nya formatet bifogas?
 >> (Should it be like this?)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"$column$"*. Ska den i stället raderas
och det nya formatet bifogas?

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14288600
Read the complete License Agreement. Use the scroll bar or the
*\\**'Scroll Down**\\**'* button in this dialog to view the entire
license text.
-> (now)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen
*Rulla nedåt* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.
 >> (This would be correct?)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen
*'Rulla nedåt'* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.

Q3 printf()

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14274073
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*I**O**N% Er**ro*r Report
-> (now)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N%-fe**lr*apportering
 >> (better?)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N% fe**lr*apportering
It seems like printf() reacts on a hyphen directly after a %% expression.
In Swedish we juxtapose many words together to form a long word (like in
German). We do not have spaces between words in many cases.
Will printf() fail with the hyphen just after the %% expression?

Q4 XML tags

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/translate.html#unit=14332858
*DisplayHID*
-> (now)
*{0>DisplayHID<}0{>DisplayHID<0}*
 >> (better? alt1)
*DisplayHID *
 >> (better? alt2)
*Visa HID*

There are many control signs inserted in the Swedish translation. Should
they be there, or not? At many places there are this type of
construction of control signs. Are they serving a purpose, or should
they be corrected?
Is DisplayHID a 'product name' so it should be left untranslated, or
should 'display' be translated into Swedish?

/vicinity

PS. I am not on the mail list, so I would need an email directed to my
own email address.

Swedish translation of OpenOffice 4.x

Posted by KaspAir <ka...@glocalnet.net>.
Hello!

I have worked on the Swedish translation. There are now only 44 words
left. In some of these cases I am unsure what word to use because I am
not sure of in which context it is used. In a few cases it might be that
the original text in English has some error in it, because I do not
understand the meaning.

When expanding the details on the overview page, I find that there are
errosw with placeholders, escapes, printf() and XML tags.

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/

I have installed OpenOffice 4.0.0 English version. Is it possible to
import the swedish translations into it to test them?

Below some specific questions in order to understand to continue the work.

Q1 Placeholders

English                     Swedish
Currently:
[Default Language] -> [Standardspråk]
[M] -> [E]
What would be correct? I guess the text within square brackets should
not be translated.

Q2 Escapes

The column *"$column$"* could not be changed. Should the column instead
be deleted and the new format appended?
-> (Currently)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"\\$column\\$"*. Ska den i stället
raderas och det nya formatet bifogas?
 >> (Should it be like this?)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"$column$"*. Ska den i stället raderas
och det nya formatet bifogas?

Read the complete License Agreement. Use the scroll bar or the
*\\**'Scroll Down**\\**'* button in this dialog to view the entire
license text.
-> (now)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen
*Rulla nedåt* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.
 >> (This would be correct?)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen
*'Rulla nedåt'* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.

Q3 printf()

%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*I**O**N% Er**ro*r Report
-> (now)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N%-fe**lr*apportering
 >> (better?)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N% fe**lr*apportering
It seems like printf() reacts on a hyphen directly after a %% expression.
In Swedish we juxtapose many words together to form a long word (like in
German). We do not have spaces between words in many cases.
Will printf() fail with the hyphen just after the %% expression?

Q4 XML tags

*DisplayHID*
-> (now)
*{0>DisplayHID<}0{>DisplayHID<0}*
 >> (better? alt1)
*DisplayHID *

Re: Translation of 'sheet' into Swedish. A sheet is not a table.

Posted by KaspAir <ka...@glocalnet.net>.
Dear Andrea,

In MS Excel there is the text Bild1, Bild2, Bild3 at the bottom. Okay, I
think I got enough information now.

/Vicinity

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Swedish dictionary

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> On 03.09.2013 14:04, KaspAir wrote:
>> For the OpenOffice 4.0.0 version there is no Swedish dictionary. Neither
>> as language-pack or as add-on. ...
> I searched on http://extensions.openoffice.org/ for a Swedish dictionary.
> One of the results is
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/swedish-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
> It looks like that it works in AOO 4.0.0 - as I am not Swedish, I can
> not confirm that it is correct.

I packaged it for inclusion in OpenOffice 3.4 and later and it should
work. The real problem is that this dictionary would be bundled with the
Swedish version, but we are not distributing version 4.0 in Swedish
since the translation is not yet complete.

Releasing version 4.0.1 in Swedish is possible with a few hours of work,
we only need about 2000 words. Kasper, if you are willing to help...

To see Pootle, our translation system, in action, please look here:
https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/

If you contribute the missing translations by the 4.0.1 translation
deadline (6 September) we will release OpenOffice 4.0.1 in Swedish
mid-September.

If you feel like helping, just read
http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html and request a Pootle account
as explained here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login
or here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/XBT8AQ

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Swedish dictionary

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 03.09.2013 14:04, KaspAir wrote:
> Dear OpenOffice,
>
> For the OpenOffice 4.0.0 version there is no Swedish dictionary. Neither
> as language-pack or as add-on.
>
> Can the previous swedish language-pack be converted so it can fit the
> OpenOffice 4.0.0 version?
>
> Can the very fine dictionary of Mozilla Firefox be converted to fit
> OpenOffice 4.0.0?
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/den-stora-svenska-ordlistan/
>
> I am willing to try to help with the conversion work as long as it does
> not require a large amount of work.

I searched on http://extensions.openoffice.org/ for a Swedish dictionary.
One of the results is
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/swedish-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
It looks like that it works in AOO 4.0.0 - as I am not Swedish, I can
not confirm that it is correct.
The description of the dictionary extension also contains a call for a
maintainer.

Hope that helps,
Oliver.